Can you believe he said this to me?

My husband said something me that did't sit too well with me. He's on his job and we've been emailing and texting back and forth all day about him scheduling a doctor's appointment and our plans for this weekend. He seems to get missing or won't reply for a little while or answer my questions. When I asked him about it he said that he's busy training some new hires they company just hired for the seasonal season. It's funny that ll morning he could reply to texts and emails but now all of a sudden he gets distant. He just sent me this text. "You have always thought that you are more important than my job. You're not, especially when I'm on the clock. You have to wait sometimes." He said that by the time he gets back to his desk to possibly respond to me one of the new hires calls him again. He even said that what we're talking about can wait till he gets home. Can you believe he said that to me?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I can and I can also believe he was taking the risk of getting in trouble by answering your texts all morning. He could have tried to be a little more diplomatic about it, but you ARE being pretty demanding.

• hart
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

He is spot on.

• GB
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

If I was his boss, I would not be happy about staff spending all day emailing and texting their spouse/ partner etc. He's being PAID TO WORK. 

• 38lsb
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Why don't you stop bothering him at work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Yes,  you sound so insecure and needy.  You are actually driving him away.  Just back off and it may heal.  I wish you the best.   Happy Holidays.

• ko2 weeks agoReport

How is she needy? Did you suffer bran damage or something?

• 2 weeks ago

Yeah, I can believe it, and I agree with the guy. You seem like you're incredibly annoying. 

• glcang
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Yes, the guy is totally stressed out and you are demanding that he not only do his job but attend to you as well. Maybe he could have said it differently but he has a point.

What is it that cannot wait until he gets home?

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yes, I can believe it, and if I was his boss then can YOU believe me firing him???

He is on the clock, so what that means he is suppose to be working, and NOT speaking with you.

He is right. It's on his time that he can speak with you, so it's either before work, during his break if he gets it, or after work.

• 2 weeks ago

Yeah, it sounds like you were just chit chatting and he had some work he had to do and he couldn't keep texting with you. Could you survive without his paycheck?

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I would have said it to you a while ago.  I get annoyed at unnecessary texts/calls while I'm working.

Sometimes I can text someone all day, then I get busy at work and I'm unavailable.  

My husband is a busy doctor he will text me here and there but for the most part he's too busy helping save lives to be texting or talking to me all day.

It's okay to have healthy time apart.  You don't need to be in constant contact.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.