Car not blowing heat? Please help! ?

Alright guys, I have had my 2013 Chrysler 200 for a year. Now, my boyfriend and I were leaving the store, smelled wires burning, immediately pulled over but didn’t find the culprit. Then as we were heading back on the road, realized the Ac and heater wasn’t  the working. It’s actually as if it was, because the vents would feel warm, but there was nothing blowing out. Checked the fuses, all were fine. So I replaced the actuators, nothing. Then I replaced the blower motor. Now I have a little bit of heat (nothing like it should be), as long as I’m accelerating. If I idle, there’s nothing. Any ideas? 

Check your wallet for CASH.  Got some?  Go see a mechanic.  You pay for the DOCTOR to take a look & fix.   

Not complicated.  

Or you could continue to rip out stuff and replace perfectly good stuff with good stuff and still be no better off.

Replace the cabin filter and see what happens.  No joy, remove the actuator, reconnect the wires to it and check if it is really working.  Get a voltmeter and check the voltage going to the blower motor with the switch on at high speed.

• bob f

It seems the part you need is called a blower motor resister. Having an issue with your car diagnosed is quicker and usually cheaper than guessing what part you need.

• Lv 7

do you have strong blown air but just not hot, or hot air but not blowing strong?

if the latter, then your fan(s) are broken.

if the former, it is your heating element, which is pretty pricey...

• .

Check the obvious stuff first:

1. Is your cabin air filter totally clogged?

2.  Is your serpentine belt in good condition?

3. Do you have full coolant level in your radiator?