Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 weeks ago

If a woman raises her son to be cordial and say hello/good morning, and a female co-worker ignores him, did the mom raise him to be annoying?

Did she raise him the wrong way, or does being cordial not apply to your job, as you’re not there to make friends?  Or does his female co-worker feel that he’s “below” her and therefore does not wish to waste her time with meaningless pleasantries with someone who can’t get her fired, as her hellos and good mornings are only to people in her department, and to people above her to suck up to?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Workplace gender relations have never been more strained than they are now (except perhaps in the early 70's when women in the office was a kind of new phenomenon). So while this son has been raised to treat people kindly this woman has been fed a steady media diet of "all men want to harass you". Doesn't really sound like this your fault.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Stop reading things into situations that aren't there. It's not a healthy obsession.

• Cas
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

I hope Bertha Betterthanyou gets fired.

• 2 weeks ago

Oh stop it for heaven's sake. Nobody cares.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

i dont think so

• 2 weeks ago

So you aren't in her department, but you go over there to talk to her anyway, and not about work.  This makes you a stalker.  You are making some grandiose and absurd assumptions about the motives and values of your co-worker, like it's her fault that she is ignoring your casual flirtations and unwanted attentions.  For clearly they are unwanted attentions, or she would reply in a friendly manner to your attempts to gain her attention.  You are also making an absurd assumption that if not every female co-worker responds to your salutations that there is something wrong with the way you were brought up.  Like laying the blame on mama.  It's time for you to go back to your own office/cubicle and stay there, focus on your work, and not go wandering around looking for pretty girls to chat with.  She's ignoring you, so you should ignore her.  Not be rude or make snide remarks or insinuate anything to your co-workers about her being stuck-up, etc.  All that will get you is fired.  So be a good boy and do your own job.

• nevaeh2 weeks agoReport

All I said is that I say “good morning” and nothing more.  Go away, troll!

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I have no idea what you are asking.  He has no control over what she does or doesn't do.  If she doesn't want to talk to him, move on.

• 2 weeks ago

"If a woman raises her son to be cordial and say hello/good morning, and a female co-worker ignores him, did the mom raise him to be annoying?"

Since you have explained yourself so well, we can all understand that the fault for this anti-social interaction lies at the feet of the female co-worker.

The problem today however, is that the acceptance of the modern feminist ideas of what constitutes sexual  harassment, is geared towards ensnaring males as "sexual harassers," by defining sexual harassment to be any unwanted attention from a male towards a female.  And this is the standard now being used in most workplaces.

Understanding this, we can conclude that your mother has raised you counter to feminist principles.  Take from this what you will.

• Jon
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

You may think differently about this particular question once you've seen it repeated a few times.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

The problem is the female co worker is just snobby and stuck up

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Or ya know, she’s just rude...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.