Zforce asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 weeks ago

Why is my scale the same but my pants feel a little looser?

Recently I started my exercise routine again. Weights a couple times a week and cardio (mostly jogging) Now, my scale hasnt changed much, but my jeans are starting to feel looser. How can that be?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

You lost some fat, gained some muscle. Weight stays same, but since muscle is more dense, clothing fit changes as you lose inches.

Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

That's actually a more accurate way to tell if your weight loss efforts are working, since your weight can vary on the scales from day to day (as much as 5 lbs) due to water weight gain/loss. Also, if you're losing fat, but adding muscle, the number on the scales won't tell that story, but the way your clothes fit will (muscle is more dense than fat, but takes up less space).

Attachment image
  • Logan
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

Short term fluctuations are due to whether you recently consumed or excreted. However, If you are new to lifting you could be gaining up to 2 pounds of muscle a month.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Wash your jeans and check again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Fat can be replaced by muscle when you're both dieting and exercising. Keep up the good work and don't worry about the scale.

• 2 weeks ago

You could be gaining muscle while losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat. So you can be thinner and still weigh the same.

• Mithter T-Reckth
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

Well obviously I was talking about the same volume of fat vs the same volume of muscle since the question has to do with pants being looser but being the same weight

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.