My girlfriend broke up with me over depression she thinks she cant put her 50%into a relationship she still wants to be friends should I be?

Btw I still really like her an want her back would being her friend help me at all I've tried the no contact I haven't talked to her in weeks so she messaged me told me she's trying to come out of her shell a little so we can at least be friends so I told her if I wanted to be her friend I would have never dated her it would only hurt too much and I told her I wished her the best but I couldn't be her friend what did I make the wrong decision? An I've also heard she still likes me

• Clive

What does this have to do with personal finance?

• Maxi

You did the right thing....move on and don't look back

• P

When a girl tells you they want to just be your friend, it means that they want to use you for emotional support\entertainment, but want to be able to date other people if they meet someone else.  Don't let them dress it up as anything else.  You did the right thing by not agreeing to be a friend.  She would just string you along and make it very difficult for you to meet someone else who actually wants to make the commitment to you.