How do people get diagnosed with mental disorders?

I'm depressed 24/7, i have anxiety that keeps me from working (i can't be around people). I've attempted suicide and been in and out of hospitals. But they (doctors) never said i actually have anything. At least they never told me. I think i'm not right, i can go from happy to sad in a minute, i drink everyday to escape reality. My cousin thinks i have PTSD because this all happened after my mom died. i just don't know. Can't get medicaid because i'm not diagnosed (in FL young homeless adults cannot get medicaid) so i can't get help.

5 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    Depression and mood swings are a symptom of hormonal imbalances and nutritional deficiencies in the body, likely from a long-term bad diet. So go to youtube and search for DR BERG DEPRESSION, and DR BERG ANXIETY and similar subjects. Watch his videos, they are short and to the point. Take notes. Apply his advice. It can't hurt and likely will improve your situation.

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    They see a mental health professional, such as a psychologist, psychiatrist, or mental health therapist. Best of luck to you!

  • 3 weeks ago

    You certainly are diagnosed if you were in a hospital. You can contact the hospital and ask how you can get the records if you want. Doesn't Florida have social worker you can reach out to? If not, at least go to AA, NA, or Smart Recovery meetings and begin to learn the ropes from other people who have been in your position. That your young means there are probably programs and services available to you. You could also call a mental hospital you've been to and say, "I'm a former patient and I'd like to talk with a social worker." If the social worker is at all decent, they will try to give you a few suggestions for services in your area.

  • 3 weeks ago

    I would think that if you've seen psychiatrists professionally, they've made diagnoses on you. They might just not have told you what they were.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

    Go to a certified psychiatrist and tell them all of your symptoms and they will give you a test and ask you a lot of questions and then diagnose you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.