Lisa asked in HealthDental · 2 weeks ago

I am 27 years old with 30 dental fillings already. Is there anyway i can prevent any of my teeth from falling out by age 50?

I brush my teeth but never long enough probably 1 minute or less and i dont floss. But i am brushing my teeth mush longer now and flossing a couple times a day.

But i feel that its too late to save my teeth because the fillings will wear out and then they will drill more of my teeth.

Is it possible to prevent my teeth from falling out by age 50 even though i already have 30 dental fillings?

• Tavy

I am 72 and still have the same teeth which have had several fillings over the years. They won't fall,out.

• y

Get an electric toothbrush, brush at least twice if not more times a day. Floss at least once every 24 hours, more if you remember. Get a waterpik or similar system, use that at least once a day. Make sure you have regular check ups so they can catch loose or deteriorating fillings. Fillings do fall out, or cavities can form underneath/around them. Regular checkups can catch them before they become an issue.

Flossing is what keeps your gums healthy.  If you want to hold on to your teeth flossing should become a part of your daily routine.  What will happen is the fillings will eventually fail, then you will get root canals with crowns, those may stay with you for the rest of your life or they may fail too.  The next step is implants, providing you have healthy bone to put them into.  

Don't chew ice or other hard things (pop corn kernels) that could crack your now compromised teeth.  If you grind your teeth in your sleep get a night guard.  

Find a really good dentist who believes that you should keep your teeth vs pull them and get dentures.  Make sure you get your teeth cleaned every 6 months.

Source(s): My wife's teeth are a $hit show. She's 60 and has lost several of them. Every tooth in her mouth had a filling by the time she was 25. Many had root canals by 30.

Buy an electric toothbrush and use that. 

• martin

After eating anything at all, floss all your teeth, brush lightly along all gum lines, then swish Original Listerine around in your mouth for 30 to 60 seconds.

no, you're doing what you can from the sounds of it.