What Is Your Opinion Of King Henry VIII?

• Favorite Answer

Despite current perceptions, Henry VIII was quite a weak king facing threats from Spain, France and from closer to home. The House of Tudor was not well established as the ruling house and he was beholden to many "advisers" to keep him in power. He was unable to father a dynasty to succeed him and the Tudors died out when his three children died without heirs.

• Jade

I did not like him.

• Prince

Henry VIII was a bloody murderer.ย 

I'm Henry The Eighth, I am!

Henry The Eighth I am, I am!

I got married to the widow next door

She's been married seven times before

And every one was an Henry (Henry)

She wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam (no Sam)

I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry

Henry The Eighth I am!

• patty

he was repulsive and only got women cause he was a royal. he also killed wives

Just what my schoolteachers taught me about him. That he was a terrible man that had an obsession with trying to get a son.ย 

• Clo

I think he was too concerned about having a male heir, eventhough his daughters were perfectly capable of being monarchs.

Henry went on to divorce or behead wives, started his own Church in order to do what he pleased---I don't think much of these actions.

It's terrible he liked being Catholic as do most Protestants, though they won't admit it, his ego got the best of him and marriage in general has gone down hill from there.

• rustbucket
      1 week agoReport

Henry before he was excommunicated was once pronounced by the Pope the title, "Defender of the Faith." as one can see that Henry was quite proud of that title and again most Protestant would be if Henry didn't break with the church.

Could have done with Marriage Counselling and a course in anger management.

• Brian

That he's been dead for quite awhile now.