Should I be worried if I see my job posted online?

Here’s a bit of background. I applied to this job about a month ago. I got called for an interview and it went really well and they offered me the job. I was supposed to start in January but they were able to get me to start next month instead. It’s taken a bit to get all the HR stuff to go through like the drug test and background check so I’ve just been waiting. Tuesday the senior executive emailed me saying I am officially hired and 

gave me my start date and that my manager will be in contact about details regarding my first day. I was looking online to know more about the company and to be prepared and that’s when I saw the job ads. They were posted on different job boards than I applied on and different dates but the same job description and still at same location i will be at. Two were posted about 2 weeks ago when I was waiting for my info to go though and the other was posted the same day I was told my start date. Do you think they are just looking for another person to help or someone with more experience? Should I be worried? 

When a company posts a job online, they normally do it all on the same day.

If you see that these are being posted more recently at less popular job boards, they are likely either slow to actually get the original posting up or have phished it from the original job boards (i.e. the company didn't post it directly, these job boards "stole" it from somewhere it was posted).

I don't think you have anything to worry about and nothing to call the company over. 

I don't think you have a reason to be worried.

That being said, I would not stop applying for jobs until you actually start work.

• hamel5

Probably not -  But, if you don't have one - ask HR for a hiring letter.  It should verify that you've been hired,  rate of pay ,  vacation etc. 

No, you shouldn't be concerned.

Its common for companies to hire more than one person from a single job posting. Most companies have more than one person in any given position.

Also, there are a lot of companies that just keep job advertisements up all the time. They are big enough with enough turnover that they're basically always hiring new people.

I suspect they are just making a backup plan in case you don't quite work out a lot of people who apply for jobs get fired within the first week, the business is just protecting itself by looking for other people who can fill the role.