America has never seen anything like the lies and corruption of Trump and the GOP. Do you think the country will ever fully recover?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Trump has debased the level of the US presidency to depths that this country has never seen before.  

Restoring some honor and integrity may take a long time but the perception of this country's presidency may never recover. 

• NOt since Bill Clinton diddled an intern. Oh wait, the BOSS using his position to get sexual favors from interns is a good thing??? Want to make that claim, because I would be fired if I did that. 

• jehen
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

No and no. Because Trump is a symptom, not the cause of jaw-dropping mendacity in the pursuit of any goal, vote, click, money or mandate. But he has raised it to an artless art form. The cause, quite frankly, is internet and social media eliminating the 'scarcity of channels' problem that had the effect, that the few channels of mass communication that succeeded commercially had and embraced a public trust to speak truth to power, and inform inconvenient truths. No amount of partisan or special interest money could overcome that, but not without trying. Then the internet comes a long and destroys the print media. The well-moneyed interests that don't like their **** exposed, create their own networks masquerading as news. And the bad actors of social media create powerful self-amplifying feedback loops of any nonsense and falsity that will generate clicks - not for any noble or ignoble purpose to steer public opinion, but to make a buck. So there we are, and it created Trump, who like the click-bait algorithms feeding this frenzy, he can only respond to what makes him the center of attention - not what is good, right, truthful, reasonable, responsible, fair, just, or thoughtfully considered. We once mocked (well still do) the local news slant 'if it bleeds, it leads". (In my own city all the local news is all crime, all the time, despite and incredibly reduced crime rate that has been falling for 30 years, but I digress). In the world of partisan media, and click-bait entrepreneurs, it's not enough to choose to report only on the blood, they have to make the mayhem and spread it.

• 2 weeks ago

what lies and corruption?

• 2 weeks ago

Yeah, all of the time. Look at the DNC. Far more corrupt. Indeed, the DNC was working with the Ukrainian government to interfere with our elections. 

Sure the Russians did as well, but we already know that the Russians did not work with Republicans and that the Ukrainians did work with the DNC. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Yes. When we get a Democrat with character in office.

• Will B
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Ever heard of Watergate or the Teapot Dome Scandel?  The Whiskey Ring?

• tribeca_belle
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

What Trump has done is much worse than Watergate and the Teapot Dome scandals.  The current scandal involves US foreign relations, our national security, our presidential elections and our basic system of government.  

• John M
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I think the country is fine, democrats on the other hand will never recover.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Yes.  We've experienced great divisiveness before, though never someone quite like little Donnie.  While we do have to accept that, largely because of the Internet and social media, the tenor and civility level of public discourse in the country and the world have changed for the worse, I think eventually we'll all look at Donnie as a weird aberration in our history and proceed almost as though his presidency never existed.

I suspect even the Republicans will do that. They'll be very anxious to put their embarrassment behind them.

• 2 weeks ago

3.6% unemployment. DOW has reached 27,800. Economy is doing great.

How ever will we recover.

• Chris
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

• 2 weeks ago

NEVER?! You think this is worse than Watergate?

• BrutusK15
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

It involves a phone conversation with Ukraine, and nothing came of it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.