I'm 19 weeks pregnant today, I have acrylic nails on but was biting them off (habit) and think I swallowed tiny bit of the nail??Is this bad?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't think biting your nails (acrylic or natural) is a good habit to get into. But, if you bite off a part of an acrylic nail and swallow it, your stomach acid will dissolve the nail.   

• Jade3 weeks agoReport

I never bite my natural nails and I never really get acrylic nails on.. So it's only once in a blue moon but when I get them on I tend to bite them off.. Thanks tho! 

• MissA
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Nah, not really. The worry with acrylics and pregnancy is the *fumes* that you inhale when you put them on. Once it's dried it's basically inert and will pass through your system undisturbed.

• Jade3 weeks agoReport

Aw that's so good to hear, I know I won't get them done again the fumes were awful.. Thanks anyways! 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Harm to be baby? No. But, if it was sharp it could scratch your digestive track.

• Jade3 weeks agoReport

Makes me feel so much calmer, thanks so much! And I don't mind that once baby is fine 😁

• 3 weeks ago

No.  However, it's usually recommended that you at least wear a mask to avoid inhaling the powder as you're getting fills.  

• Jade3 weeks agoReport

I am not getting fills, I've had them on about 4 weeks and I'm taking them off myself and just bit on and think I swallowed a small bit, thanks tho! 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I don't see what one thing has to do with the other, but swallowing a bit of nail won't hurt you or the baby.

• Jade3 weeks agoReport

How do you mean what one thing has to do with the other? Thank you 

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It could scratch your throat.

• Jade3 weeks agoReport

Doesn't feel like it did but once thats all that happens and doesn't affect my baby that's all I care about 🙏 it was really small anyways 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.