husband refuse to use sugar dish and continues to stick the spoon in bag. my?

husband refuse to clean up the cigarettes he throws on the porch, he refused to use my suggestion for his web development. am i being controlling or is he just trying to do the opposite of what i am suggesting as a way to disrespect me?

• Foofa

Separate his domestic slovenliness from his disregard for your professional ideas because these things aren't on the same level. If he used to be tidy but now isn't because you've been nagging him about his web development just stop harping on him about that and maybe he'll go back to not being a slob. But if you just chose to marry someone who's lazy and sloppy there's probably nothing you can do to change that.

• glcang

Am I the only one that sees more going on here than is obvious? This guy knows this stuff bugs you and he continues to do it. There is something brewing and it’s gonna blow.

He is pushing against something he feels he cannot control and sooner or later these little things are gonna turn into bigger things 

A man who is happy and wants harmony in his marriage does  not act like this. Unwillingness to communicate what is going on with him is another red flag. Why would anyone want to be with someone like this? Forget about your computer suggestions..he is a big boy..the other stuff, though this is about the two of you.

Out of all 3, I would be annoyed at the cigarette butts. Don't pick them up, simple! Pick your battles, honestly.

It's simple. He's inconsiderate and doesn't care about pleasing you.

It's not that he's going out of his way to disrespect you, he's just doing

what easier for HIM and nobody else.

pour all of the sugar out of the bag into the sugar bowl

then put all the cigarette butts into the empty sugar bag, and let him spoon them out.

His web development is his. He does not have to use your suggestions

• Linda

He is just lazy and sit in his ways. Refuse to clean up after him and tell him you have assigned him a biweekly chore of cleaning the cigarette butts of the porch bc it is unsightly.

• Suzy Q

1. He just doesn't see the point of a sugar dish. Neither do I. A clean spoon in a bag of sugar never hurt anyone.

2. Leaving his cigarettes on the porch is disgusting. I DO see the point of using an ashtray. 

3. His web development is HIS web development. If your suggestions aren't welcome, you need to back off. 

You’re probably not going to change him, and the more rigid your requests are, the less likely he’ll listen.

I have no idea sorry

• Frank

If you have no kids...dump his disrespectful butthole.