Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 weeks ago

Would it still have been possible to stop the German army in world war 2 without the Soviet army?

I guess it is likely many current Russian people believe it wouldn't have been possible to stop the German army without the Soviet army.

Did the Soviet army really saved the world from the Nazi tyranny?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Unlikely. If Germany had not invaded the USSR they would have kept their focus in Western Europe and prolly taken out the British thus rendering the rest of Europe defenseless.

• 2 weeks ago

Yes. It just would have taken longer and we probably would have nuked Berlin before it was all over.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, the Russian weather alone would have been enough. What stopped the Germany army was the same thing that stopped Napoleon's army -- the snow.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes bit it would have been a longer fight and a far bloodier fight. The Allies won because they held the industrial and manpower advantage and Germany could not meet. Even without the USSR, the Allies would still have had those two advantages.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BB
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Remember that the Allies developed the Atomic bomb first.  

• 3 weeks ago

I don't know. It would have been a much longer fight at the very least. But the bombing which brought their industry to a halt was the US and England. I think it would have taken maybe 10 years, but it would have happened anyhow.

They just expended so many resources fighting Russia it happened fast.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.