Can someone explain what this new painting in my neighborhood is... it seems to have spiritual significance?

Is it a sorcerer with a crystal ball?

And what's up with the claws?

Favorite Answer

Witchcraft.   Can they legally have it?  Dark.  A witch with cruel intent holds the source of life in pagan terms, the sun. Maybe the city would repaint it.  

This took time to do.  Did you see it in progress? 

You've got a witchcraft group in your area.

• Uncle Fester
      2 weeks agoReport

Perhaps that is a depiction of God. "Let there be light!"

How do you expect us to know?  Seriously.  The meaning is in the mind of the artist.

It looks like the girl from "The Grudge" with a fireball in her hand.

You'd have to ask the artist to be certain. Anyone else is not qualified to say with any certainty. 

It looks more fantasy

than spiritual

to me

It's a mural by the Ardmore Fireball Fan Club.

I am not sure if this is what the artist intended but I instantly think of the goddess Nyx. She is the personification of darkness and was present at the moment of creation. She is also considered to be the mother of everything mysterious. Interestingly the suffix -nyx means claw. The important thing for the artist is that it has made you think.

It is pagan...avoid it.

• Your2 weeks agoReport

It was Thors day yesterday. As in norse Vikings (pagan). If you acknowledge thors day, you're a pagan anon. 😆