What is the expiration date for this salad bag? I can’t read labels.?

I can’t read expiration dates with just numbers and letters. I came across a video about salad causing people sick. People in the comments were saying because of the date and it was expired.

It’s 3 AM and here I am looking up how to read expiration dates!!! I still can’t figure out what is the month, day, and year for:

Est. #18502B

I thought it was like the building number..

salad doesn't expire like that. THINK. Its all fresh veggies. Are you telling me you cannot tell when lettuce is limp, slimy and black??

If the salad looks good it is good.

People have gotten sick due to a recall of contaminated salad ingredients that included meat in the packaging.

• Suzy Q

You can't figure it out because that's not an expiration date. It might be a batch number, which is not the same thing.

But honestly I don't bother with the expiration date on salad bags anyway. I just check to see if it's wilted. 

I can't see why it would have anything to do with the date. Seems to me that if salad makes someone sick, it's not because it's spoiled, it's because it has something on it. I don't think salad spoils in the way, say, milk does.

It's more likely to be a building number than an expiration date. The date is likely to be printed somewhere else on the packaging. Investigate more closely until you find something that does look like a date. One surefire way to tell a salad has expired is if pressure is building and the packaging looks like it's going to burst.