How does tax work for a naturalized US citizen who has a job in his/her original country of citizenship that doesn't provide a W2?

3 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    The same as for any other U.S. citizen who works outside the U.S. They fill out a Form 1040 and report all of their income, from anywhere in the world, even if they don't have a W-2.

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    You’d want to get an accountant versed in this area. Many nations have reciprocal tax arrangements with the US so transnational workers aren’t double taxed.

  • 3 weeks ago

    Any US citizen, legal permanent resident, other "US person" (defined in law) must file & pay US income taxes on ALL income from all sources worldwide. Any American citizen/LPR living/working abroad must file & pay US income taxes. Of course employers in foreign countries do not have or use W2 forms. Use your paystubs or any other records you have of your earnings on the job (plus records of other income, e.g. rental income on your home in US if you rent it out while away, bank statements showing interest earned on accounts, etc.) to fill out your forms accurately. 

    • Lover3 weeks agoReport

      where did you get this information? Is there a website I can go to? please let me know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.