Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 weeks ago

Why when I ask a technical question do people who don't understand write rubbish answers?

• .
    Favorite Answer

Because they can and because they get 2 pts whether their answer is helpful or not. That's why the report flag exists (when enough users report nonsense posts, they get removed). Too many use YA as a grade-school level playground, instead of the 'data repository' it was supposed to be. When users stop caring (or never cared) about the rules they agreed to follow to be here, the quality of the form degrades. The more users who report the violations and ignore the nonsense/troll posts, the better YA will become.

• Daniel

They just want the Easy 2 Points for Answering the Question

Its Sad but its the way some people are

some on here just answer too get 2 points and they love to insult you and tell lies about you. they think it makes them feel big

Many people in yahoo answers are trollers. They do it, because they are stupid and mentally unstable, and it looks like they want to gain points easily. 

They should know they will lose more points if they get reported. I agree with you, I get super annoyed when those ******* trollers cannot get out of the way. Very annoying. 

It is worse than Quora, because staff at Yahoo take more time to look into the report. They only rely on trusted reporters. Even the most foul posts will not be removed instantly. The Yahoo platform is a bit messed up. 

They just want the two points by posting those meaningless answers, all of which aren't very helpful. What they don't realize is they've exposed themselves to a point-gaming violation and answers should be reported as such. Remember you come here to get your questions answered without the unnecessary stuff. Enforce your bottom line on this one.

It's not just technical question's, it happens in every category.  Answers like idk, ................., and sfcrgehgcwt are also becoming the norm.

The site is filled with trolls and point gamers,  who will post and answer anything for the 2 pts. 

surely you remember all the people who would post one letter........like   L.......

for the answer.........or the people who  did this...........asdfefdsaedf---

or the people that somehow managed to post  just a symbol or   a  line of ellipses 

........................................   , as their answer. 

Of course it's against the rules, but  who is gonna waste the time to report every single  troll and point gamer here. ? 

Except the troll of course who is currently reporting all my answers, with all her sock puppets. 

• mom
      3 weeks agoReport

I started hiding my name because of them and they still find me

They just want 2 points. We should take away the point system.

The biggest fool thinks he knows everything. It takes a certain amount of real knowledge and understanding to appreciate how much we DON'T know. You know enough to know they know even less then you. The trouble may be that THEY don't know that. Is it possible they think they are giving you a good answer, based on a possible interpretation of your question or based on technical rules that apply where they are located? I am not saying that is the case because I do not know what your technical questions were. I reckon you are smart enough to dismiss the nonsense and to learn from the better answers so no one suffers any harm from the inappropriate answers.

They will write anything to get 2 points.  They are called point gamers.   They do this so they can get points to ask a question.  They are always near zero points because of being reported all the time.  When they get 5 points they will troll the site.