Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Does anyone else not care for christmas? Im working & family are far away & we’re not Close?

I have no friends..

Only 3 aquaintances i see for coffee.

• G R

I still enjoy Christmas especially the decorations. I have no kids, not close with my 2 remaining siblings and will likely be alone like i was the last two years, since my mother and brother died, but i still enjoy (for the most part) the holiday. I don't enjoy it as much as i use to because things have changed so much, but i'm good.

i dont care for christmas either

• Chanel

Yes, I did hate it when I was younger cos all I saw was drunk people and rows.

I used to get an emotional pain in the chest when an advert for Christmas came on the tv.

Now I am free it is better. Find a church hall that does Christmas dinner and invite anybody that you feel may be alone also. Or go alone as many people go to Christmas dinners alone and you will feel better. It is just taking the first step.

I have mixed feelings about Christmas. I enjoy the Christmas season, with the lights and decorations, but I hate shopping for gifts and the actual Christmas Day is not nearly as bright as the season itself.

I am bored with it already and we haven't even got to December. I am looking forward to going travelling and leave all the crass commercialism behind.

Make Christmas your own celebration and do something which brings you joy.

• Raven

You know, I used to really hate Christmas - despise it with every fiber of my being. Until this year. This was the year that someone special has made Christmas special for me again; it's not Christmas yet but I'll actually be able to enjoy it this year unlike previous years. 

It also doesn't hurt to give yourself some love this Christmas. Is there something you've wanted all year but just haven't gotten around to buying it? Or if you feel that you are too busy during the holidays, develop some confidence to say no to too many invitations. I've started doing this last year and realized how easy it has become just to say no and make time for yourself in the hectic holiday season. 

These are just some things that have made Christmas easier for me. My lovely special someone, giving myself a treat, and giving myself some free time. Doing this helped me enjoy spending time with and giving to others. 

• reme_1

Make your own family. You might want to do some KIND for xmas- visit an animal shelter, feed the homeless, visit seniors in a nursing home, something that will make you feel good about yourself. Can you sing, do magic, play an instrument- go visit sick kids in the hospital.

Me.

Happy families upset me as I have no one.

I watch TV and may even get upset.

Not all of us have happy families and supportive friends.

I bet your boyfriend doesn't care as well.