Am i deaf or am i slow?

I always tend to ask people to repeat themselves and a lot of times i could ear one Word and interpret it in another like today some lady kept saying of i wanted a card but i kept hearing car so it was a lil bit embarrassing. English is also my third language but ive been learning it for 10 years now since i was 12.

Btw i don't mean literally deaf. I don't want to give the impression that its worse then it is.

It may be you are slightly deaf.

Go and see a doctor.

Or it may be since English is your third language,

you just misinterpret.

Of course being a non-native speaker will be an issue. However, I find especially young people have another problem involving attention span. Some people think and speak in multifaceted layers. Meaning, they may make a few points which come together to make the main point they are attempting to communicate. With attention span problems, some others may find themselves lost after the first point, asking for the second point that the speaker was on their way to tell you if you would just listen.

For example, one-dimensional speaking sounds like this: "I saw John. John says hi. He has your book. He'll give you your book tomorrow." A multi-layered person saying the same thing might say "I saw John today and he wanted me to tell you that he says hi and he he'll get your book back to you by tomorrow."

The listener with attention issues may find themselves begging for information at the point of "I saw John today" asking themselves and thus not listening to the speaker "what does this have to do with anything, does John have my book? When will John give my book back."

So it plays out as "I saw John today and he told..." "what was that? can you repeat that?" In short, shut the **** up and listen, dumbass. You just might learn something.

You should just go to the doctor