I keep getting vertigo attacks?

Hello. I’m 24, I got my first vertigo attack a couple of weeks ago scared the life out of me thought I was dying went to the emergency room they prescribed me meclizine. I sat up from my bed and couldn’t move my head it was spinning They diagnosed and said it was vertigo. It took a few days for it to go away but it did.... I didn’t take it up to much . But then tonight I was sitting down eating dinner I got it again. It freaked me out freaked out everyone I live with. Room was spinning again. Now I don’t know what it was . I stopped using a q tips in my ears. I gained 100 lbs in a year so I’m trying to loose weight and exercise more. I am not working I read that potentially being bed ridden can cause it , I’m very scared and worried if this is dangerous or tumor. I’m going to go to my doctor and let them know I had a second attack but could anyone give me some feedback it would be appreciated thank you!!

• Tavy

I get Vertigo, it is usually caused by inflammation of the inner ear, it comes and goes, nothing to do with tumours.  Once you get it, it does come back.

You should go to your regular doctor and get some blood work done maybe it's something simple like your blood sugar is low or you have some vitamin deficiency. 

This is a problem with your inner ear.  It's called Meniere's Disease.  There is no cure and it gets worse with age.  It also causes complete deafness.  A large percentage of people are completely incapacitated and bedridden by the age of 40.

You're supposed to ask an actual question.