sujufan87 asked in SportsWrestling · 2 weeks ago

why are fans obsessed with whose over in wrestling?

I'm part of a big wrestling forum and every fan would say X wrestler is over so he/she deserves the belt/main event. Or Y is better because fans pop for them. Example, Becky Lynch fans say she is the most over female wrestler so she deserves to main event and be womens champion not Charlotte who is not as over. 

But I don't see the same argument used outside of wrestling/WWE. Twilight had 10,000 fans camping out screaming for Robert Pattinson but no one says it's better than the Godfather (with less obsessive fans). One Direction had 50,000 screaming fangirls every at every show but no one say how they are better than Metallica, U2 who don't have rabid fans. If the "over" argument is used, then Twilight is the best movie of all time deserving all the awards. One Direction is the best band ever and should have won 20 grammys. 

I agree, it's so annoying, this is how toxicity in Wrestling occurs.  

Why are you comparing wrestling to boy pop bands and then comparing boy pop bands to hard rock bands, none of those things have to do with what you are talking about within pro wrestling.

Wwe should be giving fans want they want, if a wrestler is over people tune in to see them, pay money to see them, pay money for their merch, it has nothing to do with winning awards, The Godfather, twilight, u2, one direction, or Metallica 

• Amy Flower
      2 weeks agoReport

Not all the time Brock, there’s been people turning on Rollins but it’s because all he does is send out annoying tweets.

I don't know who the "over" belongs too