Is it easy getting a job/ becoming famous in California?

I mean, work ranging from working in the entertainment industry (movies, music, Youtube) or even working odd jobs in cafes, offices, holiday resorts.

Is the employment rate in California (especially Hollywood) good?

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

The easiest way to become "famous" these days is to do something stupid and put the video of it on YouTube. I live in Hollywood and work in the film/TV sphere and unless I happen to be working for Paramount I'm commuting to Burbank, Studio City, Culver City or one of the other places where major studios are actually located. Hollywood is hardly the epicenter of the industry anymore and very little filming even takes place in California. But if you have the means to pay $2500 a month for an apartment and wish to chase the nonunion gigs available as an actor, largely indie theater, by all means come join us in this overpopulated, expensive city. Just make sure you have secured parking otherwise a family of homeless meth addicts will move into your car and the police won't lift a finger to help you.

No, it's not easy. There are a lot more people looking for those jobs than there are jobs.

Just try what u want. if try, you might know the answer.

No no matter where you at its gonna be a challenge

San Francisco has a high employment rate but it is less in the entertainment industry and it is far harder to find a place to live than it is to find a job.

It's not easy to become famous anywhere, in fact California is one of the hardest to get recognized in since the entertainment industry is so saturated. People relocate to L.A. *after* they get recognized in their own city and start getting Hollywood gigs. You have to be established already or extremely wealthy to begin with. It's easy to get a job though. I live in Northern California and sometimes strangers will say hi on the street and let me know there's an opening to work at some nearby retail store or coffee shop. I always decline lol. But that might be because I look young and they think I'm a high school/college student who wants to work minimum wage? I really don't know, but it seems like students around here are swarmed with job offers. Or it's just a Silicon Valley thing. The unemployment rate in California is about the same as the rest of the U.S.

definitely not but also yes. gettin a part timey type jobs easy, but getting famous isnt

• Eastside Guz
      3 weeks agoReport

I was thinking the same thought as lqyartist. Getting a job is fairly easy. The entertainment industry particularly movies and music is extremely hard with a million to 1 already seeking.