Al asked in HealthDental · 3 weeks ago

how many days of brushing will it take to get rid of sensitive gums?

my gums also bleed when I brush

• Aa

Learn how to floss properly. I used to have sensitive gums. The problem was fixed when I learned how to floss. Floss every night for one week. Best time to floss is before going to bed. If that fixes the problem, you can maintain your gums by flossing every other night.

• Andy C

Maybe you are brushing too hard. Get a softer brush and do it every night b4 bed.

Use mouthwash.

Most people need to brush 2× a day.

I don't. I went 10 years w/o a dentist or regular brushing and only got one, small cavity. That's bc my saliva is naturally basic.

My sister brushes 3× a day and still gets cavities. Luck of the DNA draw;)

Seriously, start flossing at least once a day.  And use a mouthwash with Thymol twice a day.

• reza

Your gums bleeding means it’s not just ‘sensitive gums’ - you probably have gingivitis and need to see a dentist to see if they recommend anything or just brushing your teeth can sometimes resolve the issue. I’d suggest brushing twice a day gently but for the recommended 2 minutes - I’ve never had a cavity or any dental issues and I’ve done this since I was little

Get an electric toothbrush and brush your gums with it at least once a day.

ask a dentist man, its dangerous asking bout health stuff here

• Nunya

Have you tried using a softer type of toothbrush?