Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 3 weeks ago

Offer up issues?

There is a seller I would like to buy from, but I messaged the seller twice about two items that I was interested in, but whenever I make an offer the person immediately pulls the listing off and ignores me is that appropriate? And why would they do that?

It was posted pretty recently if that helps

Favorite Answer

Its really odd behavior but they are allowed to do this. Maybe they are having issues with the place and this really doesn't have anything to do with you but the seller is allowed to refuse or even ignore you offer if they want so I suggest you just move on to a new place.

Appropriate or not, it is their prerogative. Why? Who cares - they're off the market.

Many of the listings are dated...3-4 months old and it was sold long ago.

Ive seen things 6-9 months old.  Which is silly.

you need to ask them this question

They're pulling them because they've already been sold.    It's quite possible that the seller forgot to delete the listing and your inquiry was a reminder to shut it down.

Yes it would be more polite if they responded to tell you the items were no longer available, but they probably didn't think it necessary as deleting the listings is a Very Big Clue. 

"why would they do that?"

Because they have already sold the item(s) or decided not to sell them.