Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

What would Jesus think of gay conversion therapy?

I'm sure he would not like it.

Favorite Answer

Jesus was not cruel. Gay conversion therapy is cruel. 

I think he is against aversion therapy. He would treat homosexuals with love and respect, but he could not accept them in their sins any more than he can accept heteros in their sins.

He would get very mad and will not give you joy

After all those Romans he would have loved to try a cure.

If you treat others with respect, and do not take advantage of the person you like, and want to have sex with, and that person is an adult, and wants to be with you. As the Bible says let God judge you. Humans should not. I am sure God is more worried, and upset by how religious people mistreat others. As for Heterosexual relationships, both men and women are 5x more likely to be abused by their partner in a hetero, relationship then a homosexual relationship.

• susan

I suspect you are right.

He would not like that you are so obsessed with being gay, and that you hate yourself. 

Are they done all the same way?

• Paul

Why would He object to treatment of a psychosocial disorder, especially one that leads to sin?

Don't underestimate Jesus.  I am sure that he would just lay on hands and heal.