Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 weeks ago

Serious relationship advice ?

Since our daughter was born a year and a half ago her dad hasn’t been so helpful. Every morning I wake early enough to get clothes together and get her to a relatives house so she can get to daycare, dad mainly just sits back or stays in the bathroom. When I ask about help he tell me I’m “ the mom you should do it” or we need to start doing it ahead of time. I get her ready just about 98% of the time and just been wanting to get some rest lately. So on my days off I ask him to sleep in. Unfortunately i don’t get to sleep in he’ll wake me up to constantly to find everything for her socks, shoes, shirt and when I complain about how I do it every morning he’ll tell me “well we should’ve put something aside etc” or “since I’m dropping her off today you have to find the clothes”. 

When I get frustrated and irritated he’ll tells me I have a attitude when I just simply want a day to relax. 

He’ll constantly leaves me with her while he goes to hang out by friends and family house after I get of work and pick her up from daycare  ( his family has even questioned my where abouts)

And when I call him for help he’ll make up lies such as his car battery died ... etc

This non helpful behavior has been a strain on our relationship and he constantly blames my mom moving in for or relationships problems. When my mom come straight home to bed.

He gets upset that I take my mom to and from work and tells me she’s prefect fine catching the bus. I live in a ruff city 

He hasn’t brought her anything with winter coming I’ve gotten all her necessary things car seat etc because he’s out of a job. His only concern is buying weed or clothes when he gets any money while he thinks I’m piling money away because I have two jobs. And when I push he to jobs or send links he tells me I’m rushing him and he’ll find something it’s been nearly a month 

• Clive

What does this have to do with personal finance?

I do not understand one thing: if u want to sleep the next morning longer why on earth u can not prepare all the clothes your daughter must wear and put it on a chair for him to dress her up? problem is solved without any drama any sane person would do that instead of arguing and getting upset

• Judy

And you put up with this. Why?

I always ask serious relationship advice on personal finance boards. SMH

he might be jealous about you helping out your mom so much

he might be jealous of your mom