Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 3 weeks ago

If Canada is so dull, why do people travel there?

The few people who do travel to Canada wind up going to the nearest bar to drink.

And Canadians (who are equally dull) tend to sleep 14 hours a day, then drink beer, eat and watch sports on tv the other 10.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh I know. It's like heaven!

• The word "dull" used to refer to Canada or Canadians or anyone else is just an opinion; a personal judgment. The opinion is valid, but not necessarily true or based on reality. To label as "dull" an entire country, especially one of the largest, most diverse, dynamic, most varied and cosmopolitan nations on Earth and its inhabitants is a huge generalization. 

Anyone who visits Canada could experience many exciting and thrillling areas, people, things, events and activities in many, many areas of the country. It depends on attitude - if someone arrives with a cynical, jaded and judgmental attitude or holds limited preconceived prejudices, than sure they might find Canada or anywhere else "dull," drunks or sleepers. 

It depends on the personal definitions of "dull" or exciting...Someone with limited and distorted perceptions based on limited experiences or stereotypes of Canada who stays away based on those ideas is missing out on a ***lot***!  I know it - I've lived in Canada for 43 years and travelled quite a lot in Canada.   :)

• 2 weeks ago

Maybe people want dull.  Or they just want a temporary escape from all those 400 lb Americans.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Lovely, eh. It's so quiet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

cause they dont think its so dull

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

cause they dont think its so dull

• 3 weeks ago

Sounds like you've spent a lot of time up there.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.