Trap shooting or skeet shooting whats your favorite and what shotgun?

Favorite Answer

Never shot trap, did a little skeet....my favorite for that was Remington 1100 12 ga, and a Golden Eagle 20 ga OU. I still have both those guns. Got them at J.C.Penney's back in the 70's. I have not fired them since the mid 80's.

• Higgy Baby
      3 weeks agoReport

I'm kind of a hoarder too- but mostly handguns. I need to start thinning that herd down a bit. My two younger children do not like guns, but the older son does. So I guess he gets all. I'll hang on to a few of the more concealable  ones a while longer.

• Robin

trap side by side 30" vent rib full choke beavertail PG stock

I've shot both but I prefer skeet because all my shotguns are on the short side. 

My favorite gun to use is my KSG. It has a choke adapter so I can run xx-full chokes. The looks I get are amazing!! People love to dog it until I start busting clay.

It's is a strong "DON'T RECOMMEND" however, because it's so short it makes the swing more complicated than it should be.

For trap my go to is my mossy 535 at least until I pick up an over under tristar or charles Daly...haven't decided which yet.

• Bear Crap
      3 weeks agoReport

I used a mossberg 500 with a 28 inch full choke barrel to hunt ducks and bust clays in the early 70s. Now that was a real challenge  with the clays but it made me a more accurate duck hunter.

Only skeet I ever shot was on a ship. The gun was a decent Remington. Didn't do too bad.

I don't know but at least my grandson doesn't throw rocks at grizzly bears. A troll didn't tell him that he came up with it on his own.

I've never shot trap, have shot hundreds of rounds of skeet with just about every kind of gun and gauge.  Retired from skeet two years ago due to rotator cuff surgery.  At that time I was using a Beretta 12 gauge auto and a Winchester 101 O/U .410 Sk/Sk.

Did anybody read daniel g's answer?  Does he always have to brag about how good he does.   He wrote." Didn't do too bad. That is what I have been

writing about. I am sick of his bragging. All three of The Three Stooges brag about

how great they are. Makes me puke.

EDIT:   PEARL HATES GUNS   I HATE PEARL

• Bear Crap
      3 weeks agoReport

Spot on Darby. Only a coward and a fool spends their time putting down others. Every post I see like that make me SMH and laugh at what an idiot troll they are.

• Rick

Trap (doubles if I can add that)  Gun, my grandfather's Remington 1900 !2 gauge double barrel I was fortunate enough to inherit.

• Bear Crap
      3 weeks agoReport

@rick oh boy that is a tough one. I have a similar problem. But the only one of my kids that likes firearms is my youngest daughter and her husband hunts a lot. The others want me to will them some but they have no use for them other than a wall hanger.