What does it mean if a guy sends you mixed signals?

This guy is in the military. He doesn’t come home very often. He will tell everyone he would rather only hang out with family when he does comes home yet if I wanted to hang out with him he would drive over an hour to see me when he’s home. He will ignore half my snaps when I snap him yet we’re best friends on Snapchat somehow. I got mad at him and said I wanted to end the streak so he ended it but as soon as I wanted to start one again he keeps it going now everyday. He randomly searched my name on Facebook to send me a friend request I know he did this because we have no mutual friends and I still somehow don’t have his actual phone number. He likes some of the things I share on Facebook and I like some of his. He even liked something I shared about how people who are single for a longer amount of time usually end up in better relationships in the long run. Him and I have both been single for a long time and he knows that. If I compliment him saying he’s cute he will just say thanks back but yet he will look at me in person in my eyes and smile before kissing me. I don’t get it. Can anyone explain? 

• Foofa
    1 week ago

I'm not seeing any "mixed signals" in what you describe here. He's responsive to the degree someone with an important job is capable of being and he's not rushing things or being stupidly overly passionate. I'd suggest that maybe this isn't mixed signals but him being a more cautious sort while you apparently like to just dive right in. Probably just different personalities types.

• Tantra

Because he has a military life which will always be inconsistent and if you really want him you must accept that is the way things will be. If you cannot then you must end it now. He will understand, it goes with the career

Its best of you ask him, rather than us, only he can really explain how he feels about you.

• Amy2 weeks agoReport

I have asked him he avoids answering the question every time I ask he doesn’t like to share his feelings 

What mixed signals? Not sure what you don’t get.

You aren’t going to control the guy. 

That’s a good thing.  Lose your expectations, and get to know him.

I didn’t say anything about exceptions, either. What the hell are YOU talking about?

I said “EXPECTATIONS,” not “exceptions.” 

You are literally a waste of DNA.

• Amy2 weeks agoReport

You literally said “lose your exceptions” yet you didn’t say anything about exceptions? Why are you answering what I’m saying back in your original comment anyway instead of just writing a new comment back like a normal person 

• Linda

He likes you yet he has his reservations also. It may be that he is a very introverted guy and not good at communicating. Date him a little longer and see if it goes anywhere. If by the first of the year it is still like this, then I would move on.