Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 weeks ago

I told my teacher I like her?

I'm a lesbian. Why did she say... "I'm a teacher. I have two kids..." Did she mean that her finances, her livelihood, her job, and her kids are more important than entertaining my crush? 

She's not married. She's divorced and single. 

• PAMELA
    1 week ago

Yes, that is just what she meant, she was warning you off, take the hint and transfer your crush to someone else.

• Foofa
    1 week ago

She didn't need to include her status as a mother... Just being your teacher makes it a crime for her to indulge your crush in any way.

• Lita

It means it's time to stop obsessing over this teacher and move on. 

• reme_1

She told you that she had responsibilities. If she were caught in ANY questionable behavior with a student she would lose her license, never be able to teach again and would probably spend some time in jail. And where would her children go? Is your crush that important that it is worth having a teacher lose everything that is important to her. Stay away from your teachers and meet girls your own age at the gay center.

• drip

Yes that is exactly what she was saying, 

Exactly....so let her alone

• denise

Means that she's not interested, she's not that way inclined.

cause she dont think of you in that way

Your teacher could go to jail if she were to pursue a relationship with you, it is not okay ethically or legally for a teacher to date their student, whether gay or straight.  She also does have children, and whatever decision she makes also affects them, so she's protecting them from the issues a relationship with a student would entail.  Additionally, it is likely enough that she is not lesbian, and even if she was she would likely be interested in people closer to her age.

it means shes not interested in you in that way