Tara asked in HealthDental · 2 weeks ago

Do I have to accept dentures from my dentist if they don't fit and I prepaid?

• k w

all you can do now is call them up, tell them they don't fit, and deal with all the hassle, I seriously doubt just one visit will do...........

Your dentist has the duty to make sure your dentures fit properly so let him know if they are uncomfortable and not fitting well. It's not rocket science

no, dentist must make them fit or a lawyer will make him give you your money

maybe not but you need to talk to your dentist about it

• Tavy

No in the U.K., the legal phrase is Fit for Purpose, and if they don't fit then they have to be redone or relined. Any problems talk to Trading Standards or CAB.

No. The dentist has to make dentures that actually fit you so you don't know you are wearing them.

Nope. The dentist has to make it so that it fits comfortably. 

No, give them right back and demand a change if they say no then go to trading standards, your mouth is not a joke and don't worry about their feelings.

No, refuse. .....

• Mark

If they don't fit, then he or she will probably have them reshaped.  If he or she doesn't, you picked the wrong dentist.