School bus stop sign law?

Got into in argument about some school bus stop sign rules. 

Say I’m stuck in traffic on a two way road. As traffic starts to move a school bus stops next to me going the opposite direction. The stop sign comes out to let kids off. Just as the sign comes on my car is halfway past the back of the bus going the opposite direction. Do i stop and wait for the bus to leave or do I get out of the way as all the cars in front have already moved forward? 

Some say i should wait until the bus leaves just for the kids sake but legally am i allowed to move if the I’m already the past the stop sign of the school bus? Hopefully the drawing makes sense. 

Favorite Answer

if you are past the sign when i comes out there is not need to stop. but if you see the bus comming and you know its going to stop you should be slowing down and stop rather than trying to get past the sign. you dont want to be one of those people that get introuble for that

• Billy R2 weeks agoReport

I’m not saying this is the correct answer but you seem to be the only one that can READ AND COMPREHEND my question. Obviously i did not run a stopped school bus letting kids out which is something the overly sensitive parents here can’t grasp. I’ll try asking again later with more details   

legally you can continue on your way if you are past the front of the school bus before the red lights come on. Once the red lights come on, you

must stop

• Pete L

What crazy laws you have in your country! You have to stop for a school bus yet you can carry a gun and kill others with it!

Absolutely bonkers!

i would stop just so you dont get in trouble

• Mark

If it's a 4-lane street, and you are travelling in the opposite direction, you don't have to stop, but just from common sense (it's not a LAW), I'd at least slow down.  If it's a two-way, 2-lane street you have to stop.

You move because you are already past the stop sign, there is zero point in you staying there, it's actually more dangerous, the kids who cross the road have to cross in front of the bus, but you should be long gone by the time they even get off the bus.

• Gary

All cars must stop for buses. Conservatives think they are above the law.

• Billy R2 weeks agoReport

Well they need to know what the law is before they can think they are above it