Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 2 weeks ago

Should I try Indian food or Italian food for dinner? Which cuisine out of the two is better? ?

I'll have Italians tell me not to eat Indian food because it's too spicy, some Indians will say don't eat Italian food because it's too bland and lacks spiciness. 

Favorite Answer

I recommend Italian. Indian food is full of spices

• Sparky

I'm a huge fan of lasagne and spaghetti bolognaise, so I'd have to go with Italian.

• WOOWHO

Should i try "Indian food  or Italian   food   there are no  ITALIAN FOODS  or INDIAN  foods  FOOD any nutritional substance that people or animals eat or drink  or that plants absorb  in order to maintain  life and  growth   a Chicken is a chicken a cucumber is a cucumber   Which CUISINE is "BETTER "   to the INDIVIDUAL  the ONE they personally  find more enjoyable .. I not being the author  of the  question can not say which one  the questioner might ENJOY    ONLY the QUESTIONER  can  KNOW  and has not INDICATED .. the   SOLUTION  if  a person  has  never had EITHER . "CUISINE " .. its called an EXPERIMENT  TRY THEM Both     ORDER TAKE OUT  from a Italian restaurant and a Indian restaurant  get off the internet  put your pajamas on  pick a movie  and enjoy and then one will have an ANSWER    additionally  a person might FIND they like BOTH Cuisines   LIFE is not limited to DICHOTOMIES   that might be a big word to some people    actually the opposite  LIFE  CULTURE and Societies  present us  with many choices and  we can pick more than one from column A and one from column B  Just go into any  main grocery store  and  one  is presented with  selection   of MULTICULTURAL frozen CUISINES   BETTER  defined as more excellent or  EFFECTIVE type or QUALITY an example a METAL  handle on a  Brush may be BETTER than  a plastic handle  because  its more  EFFECTIVE  more resistant to bending or breaking

• denise

Try Italian one day, Then Indian on another day, then you can make up your own mind.

I'm Italian so of course I'm going to say Italian.

• John

You can have both.

• Mark

"Spicy" doesn't necessarily mean "hot spicy".  Italian and Indian food both are spicy, and both in approximately the same ways.  The big difference is that Indian foods often have spice combos that we would think odd, like cinnamon and garlic together.  Unless you know you're going to die tonight, you have plenty of time to try both.

Indian. Italian food is mostly cheese, tomato, and basil. Marguerite pizza is tomato, mozzarella, and basil. Ravioli is pasta, marinara, cheese, meat, basil, parsley. Same with lasagna. 

• Mark
      2 weeks agoReport

Those are all SOUTHERN Italian foods.  That would be like saying "all Americans eat grits".

Both are excellent cuisines. It really comes down to the specific dishes and the restaurant (assuming you are getting the food there). I’d recommend checking Yelp and go with the highest rated place that’s also in your price range. 

• Lee

Tonight I would have Italian, Friday is Indian night...