My end pregnancy weight was 210 pounds. I had my baby two weeks ago and I'm already down to 178. Should I worry how fast im losing weight? ?

• D_21

Not necessarily. I mean check with your doctor or piece of mind, but allot of it is water weight from fluid retention. Do you know how much you weighed before your pregnancy? (established baseline weight)

How much did your baby weigh at birth? When your water broke was it allot or a little bit? Cause amniotic fluid is not weightless. During pregnancy most women double or triple the amount of red blood cells in their circulatory system. That's allot of extra fluid.

Breastfeeding is known to burn allot of calories. You can expect quite a bit of weightloss following labor & delivery. You're unlikely to magically snap back to the bodyshape* you had before pregnancy, but you can expect a fair amount of *weight loss. At least initially.

No. With the weight of the baby, the placenta, water inside, your probably lost 20 pounds at delivery. So you may have lost 12 pounds in two weeks. you are doing fine.

• Foofa

Weight tends to drop fast after delivery, especially if you’re nursing. You’re clearly not dangerously under weight so if you’re eating healthily and not experiencing a lot of nausea you’re probably fine. But it is important to check in with your doctor a few months after having a baby just to make sure you’re recovering correctly.