Sam
Lv 7
Sam asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

Is this how two unrelated male cats normally sleep?

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

When they are friends and comfortable with each other they will snuggle together.  I'm assuming the boys are both neutered.  Tom cats (unneutered males) would not do this.

• Sam
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

They are both neutered.  I have two other males who haven't yet, but soon, and they would not do this..   It's interesting you point that out.. maybe it's coincidental,  probably not though. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

My dog sleeps like that with at least two of the barn cats.

• 3 weeks ago

idk...... gay??? just kidding, but they are both really cute, that i can tell :)

• Sam
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

The white cat wasn't getting nutrition for suckling but he was getting the nurturing he needed, that he probably would've gotten from his mother had she been around. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

If they like each other and play with each other and are good friends. Yes. Male cats are territorial and they mark their territories with urine. They will also exclude other males from their territories. Even neutered male cats will do that. I had a family cat, a neutered male tuxedo cat, and he will drive other male cats away from his backyard. He slept with and played with a spayed female cat. When the tuxedo cat sleeps and I put my head on his body, he likes it too. He was a lap cat and he liked sleeping on the back of my legs when I slept.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Not my boys...they would sooner bite each other's heads off before sleeping so closely, LOL. I have seen this though, both genders. It's kind of sweet :) Sometimes, I will catch my cats sleeping together, butt to butt. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Far from normal, but not unheard of.

• Sam
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

When I see them sleeping together, I let them but for some reason it just doesn't look normal. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.