Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 2 months ago

What should i do tomorrow?

So, tomorrow is my mom's birthday and i am on a budget. What should i get for her? I'm thinking of making a pumpkin pie for her (she's pescatarian). Would saying happy birthday and a hug suffice?

The pie, a happy birthday, and a hug sounds nice. I would cry.

• reme_1

No that is NOT enough. And you shouldn't have waited till the last minute.

CAn you cook? How a bout a salmon dinner and salad at home. Cooking salmon is easy and not expensive. Surprise the heck out of her. If you are old enough buy an inexpensive bottle of wine.

• denise

A pumpkin pie sounds a nice treat.

Have you got a junk / op shop nearby?, could you call in there in the morning and see if they have anything as a gift [within your budget], maybe a nice plate with a fish / pond picture on it,, or a fish knife & fork set, just a little something inexpensive that would make her smile. Along with a 'hug' of course!

I've given many different gifts to my mom, what she has appreciated the most was when I wrote a long letter about all the reasons I'm grateful that she is my mom and in my life.

Donate to mumkey's patreon