Nose piercing still hasn't healed after a year?

I got my nose pierced a year ago. It doesn't hurt and it sits in my nose happily but when it comes to changing my jewelry, it's not having it. I've got a surgical steel nose stud in at the moment. It hurts but doesn't hurt afterwards

• Laura

Just because it hurts when you change the jewelry doesn't mean that the piercing is still healing. 

Your piercing sounds fully healed, it just sounds like you don't know how to change the jewelry or are wearing bad quality jewelry. 

Go to your piercer and have them help teach you how to change the jewelry.  Don't use bone style studs, they are difficult to use and remove because of the large ball at the end.

It probably has healed but it just sensitive. Mine is the same way. it only becomes agitated when I change the jewelry. Like it hurts terribly sometimes even worse than when I got it pierced. I got mine pierced 4 years ago and it still acts this way. I would never have it close up and get it re-pierced because this is only an issue when I change it. If you are concerned then you could just let it close and repierce it.