What does it mean when a guy does this? ?

This guy and his friend were talking to me and this girl randomly says to them “she has a boyfriend” and i proceed to tell her “we broke up” then the guy that I like turns to his friend and excitedly says “they broke up!”

why would he do this if he doesn’t like me? Or does he? because a few months after this happened I confessed to him that I like him & he said “yeah that’s cool I appreciate it but I’m not trying to date right now” this makes NO SENSE. besides that he also stares at me often, complimented AND asked me if I like anyone. When I tried asking him about that he told me “lol I don’t remember that” it’s so frustrating. 

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

Because his friend likes you and he was hinting at him now is your opportunity but he just likes you as a friend himself. If the friend is single why don't you talk to him and see what happens?

You're reading too much into things. Guys are not subtle. If they are interested in you, they'll ask you out. It's a bad idea to go around telling guys you like them- unless you've been dating them and they are clearly interested. It's a way to get hurt, and a way for them to take advantage of you. Move on and find someone who is interested.