Ben
Ben asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 weeks ago

Are motorcoaches used for school field trips necessarily be public transportation?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

• 5 days ago

Yes depends on school's budget.

Here in NYC, my Simon Baruch JHS MS104 which used 2 coach buses on way to Waterloo Village in New Jersey for historical lesson.

Some short distant trips we had larger school bus.

Here in NYC, most NYC School field trip including camping field trip, they used public subway or Roosevelt Island Tramway most.

• .

Yes. 

In the event that there's not a functioning school bus for the trip will take longer than usual. When I was in high school we went on a 2hr trip. This wasn't appropriate for a simple school bus, the seats are too hard and the gas tank isn't big enough to to go that distance and then back again.

If you're talking about high school then most likely yes, if you have a foot ball team with all the equipment, these buses have a spot for storage for this sort of situation.