Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 3 weeks ago

Why do Brazilians eat beans and rice every day?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Why  do Brazilians eat   beans and rice  everyday  ?        I suspect  because  they are  TRADITIONAL FOODS of that region and culture . in NUTRITIONAL  aspects the combination of beans and rice forms a Total PROTEIN   the PORTUGUESE arrived in Brazil in the 1500's and brought with them their foods and taste  they also had a  immigration of ITALIANS  a million by 1880  also GERMANS  Arabs and even Japanese    before European s arrived   the native people are known for planting the  MANIOC  a root vegetable similar to the  POTATO  where one gets  TAPIOCA they also  consume a lot of FISH  since they are a large  COASTAL  country  the diet varies by region

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I dont know, do they?

• james
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Rice has 1/2 a protean. Beans have 1/2 a protean. They match together to form a complete protean. Or meat substitute. 1/2 the world would starve if not for beans & rice. & so many good ways to fix them. 

• Alpha
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

It's PROTEIN, not PROTEAN, And rice, especially white rice, contain very little protein. 158 grams of rice contains only 4.3 grams of protein. 

• 3 weeks ago

It's probably their staple.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Beth
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Beans and rice makes for an easy and economic meal 

• 3 weeks ago

Its stock food in most pantries.Cooks fast and is healthy for you.Its cheap and filling and can be put together many ways.Yes I know cholesterol and carbs and all but you astill need some of those,in your diet.

• 3 weeks ago

They are cheap and they can't afford anything else

• 3 weeks ago

It's tasty.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

For the same reason Americans drink Coke over their Frosted Corn Flakes every morning.

Silly generalisations aside, beans and rice are nutritious, delicious, low-fat, cheap, and can be prepared many ways.  Beans and rice are staples around the world, except in places where people feel the need to eat a slab of meat with lots of salt on it, rare.  (I can't IMAGINE a country that might do that.)

• 3 weeks ago

Same reason some Americans eat French Fries every day. It's there and they like it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.