Forcing anyone to have a payee doesn't decrease the panhandling problem in big cities?

If someone else has their money, they're just going to be out there begging harder 

• Judith

I doubt very much that anyone is going to be panhandling if they have a decent place to live and all of their bills are being taken care of for them.  Having a payee has nothing to do with it.  For me having to beg would be shameful.

Although I suppose there might be some disabled people with payees who are nuts enough to use that as an excuse.  Pretty pathetic and immature.  And an indication that there was a good reason why they needed a payee in the first place.

And speak for yourself Abraham.

• Blanket assumption. If a person has a caring payee and makes sure they have the money they need and it is enough to meet their needs, most people prefer not to beg.  People who have no way to keep their money protected will lose it - a represetative payee can be a solution.