Frances asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

What's Wrong with my Stomach?

Basically, for a while now (since March of this year) I've been having on and off stomach pains which includes stomach cramps and extreme bloating.  I get so bloated that it actually hurts.  I feel nauseous as well, and I actually left class today because I was almost sure I was going to throw up.  I haven't thrown up yet, but I do have diarrhea at least once a day usually.  I also burp and fart more than I used to, throw up a little in my mouth when I burp, and it happens randomly.  The symptoms happen sometimes before eating, after eating, before or after I have a bowel movement, it really depends.   It's been getting progressively worse, and starting to effect my education and mood. If you have any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Female, 19. (I am definitely not pregnant)

You'd need to see a gastroenterologist for a diagnosis. You could have gastritis (an inflammation of the stomach lining), an ulcer, IBS or something else.

• art

its been going on for a while so you should get your doctor to send you to a specialist

It could be coeliacs disease, which is what I have. It is an autoimmune disease which means you can't eat gluten. You get diagnosed with a blood test so you need to see your doctor. Any foods that contain gluten you can not eat.

• yes definitely, you need to tell doctor and they will arrange a blood test. My symptoms started with bloating and a pain in my stomach area