Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Was Jesus a hippie?

He had long hair and wore robes and sandals and talked about loving everyone 

No.

He called people to repentance. 

God loves the sinner but hates the sin. 

😄 no! Jesus was not a hippie!!!

He did not do drugs:

Mark 15:23

Here they tried to give him wine drugged with myrrh, but he would not take it

He did not practice sexual immorality:

Matthew 19:18

He said to him: “Which ones?” Jesus said: “You must not murder, you must not commit adultery, you must not steal, you must not bear false witness

And Jesus hated bad.he did not support those doing so:

Matthew 22:18

But Jesus, knowing their wickedness, said: “Why do you put me to the test, hypocrites? (Matthew/Luke 4)

Jesus did not support homosexuality:

Mark 10:6

However, from the beginning of creation, ‘He made them male and female

Source(s): MOVIES ‘For a Certainty God Made Him Lord and Christ’ (Part I) https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/jesus-lord-ch... MOVIES ‘For a Certainty God Made Him Lord and Christ’ Over time, doubts can arise and faith can weaken. Strengthen your faith in Jesus, the promised Messiah and King of God’s Kingdom https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/jesus-lord-ch...
  • Gonzo

I would imagine the character Jesus as a bit of a hippie yes. 

• Paul

He wore what other m

No Jesus was not a hippie

• Michze

Maybe he was an overweight palestinian jew that hated the Roman occupation of Palestine.

Well... He also cursed a fig tree, wreaked havoc during a church market, and kept referring to people who chose not to follow him in some rather ugly ways. As logs that would be thrown into the fire, and burned and disposed of, for instance... So much for respecting other people's spiritual paths, or the lack thereof, hey..?

I personally think this image of "meek and mild hippie Jesus" has been LARGELY overblown. And I find it quite disgusting, how he talked about people who had no intents of following him. And also, how he required of his followers to worship and prioritize him above ALL else! ("You need to hate your mother and your father...") All in all..? He had quite a huge ego, in spite of also doing and saying many good things. And if he existed, during this day and age..? He'd be exactly the kind of cult-y spiritual leader I would personally want to stay AWAY from. Anyone who hates on outsiders, and says it's either their way or the highway..? I want nothing to do with. It's a dangerous, toxic, disgusting mentality, that always ends up hurting people. And that's very much speaking as a spiritual person, myself.

..Your Jesus is still much better than your idea of God/divinity, though. It's really the best Christianity has to offer. And I've still got major issues with that, too! As for how I feel about the rest of your religion..? You can only imagine. But let's just say, I wish it would cease to exist, completely.

There is not a shred of evidence for any of this. 

Jesus didn't have long hair.  You are poisoned by pictures and paintings, but none of those are the true Jesus.  Jesus wasn't a "hippie".  Jesus is God.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

Jesus was black.