How do I prepare for an Interview?

Today I have an interview at Books a Million. I have had jobs as a cook and a dishwasher in the past, But both of my previous jobs i was never interviewed and rather just hired on the spot. I plan on wearing a dress shirt and a pair of nice jeans just to not over dress. But my question is what are some basic questions I should be prepared to answer? 

The goal of a interview to see whether or not a candidate is the right fit for the company. All the questions they will ask you, will be based around that core question of "are you or not a good candidate".

1) Are you looking for full or part time hours?

2) Do you have any experience in customer service/sales?

3) What made you decide to apply for a position at our company?

4) Can you list one strength and one weakness?

5) Can you tell me a time where you have encountered a problem at work, and how did you go about solving it?

6) Are you availble to work the hours listed on the application?

7) If you were to work at Books a Million and you had a customer dealing with a certain complaint, how would you go about addressing it?

8) What can you tell us about Books a Million

Most job interviews are no longer than 10 minutes, its just a "feel you" out process, none of the questions asked would be considered gruelling or uncomfortable either. Just take your time and think about the question, wait 30 seconds and then answer it slowly and in-depthly, whatever you do, don't try to wing it or BS them, because they can see a BS'er a mile away.

Also, make sure you do some research on their company, it shows initiave on your end, and it will further help your chances of getting hired by their company going forward.

• Judy

Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you? Something like khaki's would be better to wear if you have them. good luck.

• Tavy

NO JEANS ever for an interview they are casual wear. Bookshops require smart staff.

They might ask what was the last book  you have read, if you answer, I don't read books then you won't get the job.

Why do you want to work for Books a million?

What do you know about Books a million?

What Is your greatest strength and greatest weakness?

How do you think that your previous employment will help you if you were offered a position within this company?

How do you spend your spare time? 

What kind of books do you like to read?

Define "customer service", what does good customer service mean to you?

Source(s): Breathmints are your friend.
  • Eva

Wear a nice pair of khakis or dress pants instead. Jeans are never appropriate for a job interview unless it's in the construction or agricultural industry. They almost always ask why you want to work there, what your availability is, and what skills you can bring to the job.