Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 3 weeks ago

Best European cities to spend New Years Eve in? ?

We’ve looked at Madrid, Vienna and Prague. Wasn’t sure if anyone knew anything about how these places are over the New Year’s period? Or can suggest anywhere else for me to have a look at which isn’t ridiculously expensive? We want to be able to have dinner somewhere nice, go for a few drinks etc. Not bothered about clubs and stuff, smaller bars and pubs would be fine. Somewhere with a decent firework display which I’m going to assume all of these places have, and Christmas/New Years markets would be a bonus. Any suggestions? Or would the three I mentioned be ok? 

Thank you :) 

I was about to tell you: Paris, but it's an expensive city.. But you know all the big ones are expensive.

Try cities located in the South West of France for example ( for talk about this country).

That is because they are not crazy with their prices, like in Paris, French Riviera...

Thessaloniki and Volos and Ioannina in Greece 

Here's an article about New Year's Eve in Madrid, which would be the warmest of the three. Note that people generally don't eat dinner in Spain until 10-11 pm. The article says the partying goes on all night, but it doesn't start early. That might be an advantage in getting a reservation for dinner earlier IF any restaurants are open. 

https://www.spain.info/en/reportajes/nochevieja_ma...