Ear infection! Is puss fluid leaking out of an infected ear a good sign? Or does it mean nothing. ?

My little boy has ear infection in both ears. Doctors said to ride it out it’ll go on it’s own. It’s been 9 days. is the fluid coming out a good sign? As in, is it clearing itself out and getting rid of the infection. 

Favorite Answer

Here is a site you may find helpful 

www.andorrapediatrics.com/ap_folders/hand-outs/knowledge/middle_ear_fluid.htm

Middle ear disorders produce symptoms such as discomfort, pain, and a sense of fullness or pressure in the ear, as well as a discharge of fluid or pus, hearing loss, tinnitus, and vertigo.

Theses symptoms may be from infections, injury's, or pressure in the middle ear resulting from a blocked eustachian tube.

I would seek other opinion, if the doctor does not explain it well enough that you have no more questions

If the puss is running, it is clean when the blood appears.

But that is something serious. (as in it should not be).

The child should be running a temperature with such an infection.

Anti-Biotic medication (14 day) should be administered.

• Linda

Go to a different doctor bc he needs antibiotics.

• Coraline2 weeks agoReport

I’m taking him to the walk in clinic when my husband gets home very soon 

Go back to the doctor. It could be damage to ear drums.

• Frank

Fluid from WHERE? When I was a kid I had to have my eardrums "pierced" with a tiny hole to let the infection fluid that had built up...out. Was this procedure completed? Puss is the remnants of the WHITE BLOOD CELLS doing their job.