FOXY Di asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 weeks ago

Don't you think Alex Salmond should have been remanded in custody given the gravity of the charges against him?

Anyone else charged with that many offences would be awaiting trial in jail. 

BBC News - Alex Salmond accused of sexual assaults on 10 womenhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-po...

Favorite Answer

yes I do actually and was surprised he wasnt.

• Mr. P

One has to wonder why all these cases are being presented in one go, many years after they allegedly happened, just before a general election.

Almost as if it is a deliberate slur - the timing is just impeccable.

Even if he is cleared on all counts it will have put him out of the running, and I believe that is why is is happening now.

Many of these cases seem to be legitimate adult relationships. All seemed able to leave voluntarily at any point, yet they did not.

I would have hoped that the very first woman claiming rape should have gone to the police immediately she was able, and not waited for another 10 to line up behind her first.

Something just doesn't add up - and it's the timing!

His denial of all charges is flabbergasting...1 accusation could be false 2 could be false even 3 could be wrong....but 123456789 10 of women claim sexual offences attributed to him 

• Ludwig

No. If he really tried it on with Nicola Sturgeon he is a national phenomenon, and he should sell tickets to give public talks about it. Must have been very drunk at the time.

You're so sexy.

• FOXY Di
      2 weeks agoReport

I know, but you can't bribe me for the  BA. I'm untouchable just like Eliot Ness was! 😂

Since he has no previous convictions for such offences, and he denies them, it would be unusual for him to be refused bail. There is no suggestion that any of the prosecution lawyers opposed bail. I would imagine his bail conditions involve strict conditions about where he lives and who he contacts.

I don’t think other people with a clean record denying such charges would necessarily be refused bail.

• Mr Sceptic
      2 weeks agoReport

He’s not an MP. You have no understanding of the law and how bail is applied. 

You'd send everyone to prison if you had the chance.

It's best to leave him in his own house, he can't do harm there if he is overtaken by the insatiable desire to spawn again.

He is probably less danger than Prince Andrew and half the Tory MP's

Yes I do, but he's part of the Establishment so it won't happen. Absolute disgrace that he's allowed to roam free smirking at reporters.

He should face life imprisonment without possibility of parole for being part of an organisation that seeks to impose and accelerate many life-threatening, very destructive, degrading and atrocious qualities and conditions. He deserves to face a firing squad.

If he is indeed guilty of sexual violence, it does nothing to reduce his morality level, because it cannot sink any lower.

Source(s): Highly incisive, very aware and very intensely strong-minded and pragmatic logician and tactician, very high-grade threat detector, nurturer of life-saving mental enhancement and developer of superior methods of societal organisation. Vehement advocate of human advancement, invulnerability and continuity / realisation of desirable and/or protective human, societal and global attributes (will viciously oppose any person, quality, condition or entity threatening these, without exception).
    • 2 weeks agoReport

For evidence of my very highly advanced nature, follow these instructions:

1. Go to the Vanguard News Network Forum's United Kingdom section

2. Find a thread started by John Trent

3. Visit the site linked at the beginning of the thread

Everything you need to know is explained on the site.