Why does mold/limescale keep growing through tap in less than 10 mins after cleaning it?

Would really like some advice on this! Within days this is covered in thick green mold. I cleaned and removed all of this ten mins ago and now it’s back again! How does it grow this quickly? If it’s coming from inside and coming through some how (no idea how I don’t see a gap) then how do I fix the problem? I had six taps in my house this design and none of them are like this 

Attachment image

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

    It's limescale. It's just deposited minerals from your water, so it's harmless enough.

    Also, it didn't come back in 10 minutes. Rather, you didn't actually clean it off in the first place. When wetted, it often goes clear and makes it look like you've removed it, but when it dries again it becomes apparent that you actually hadn't removed it at all.

    Normal cleaning chemicals won't remove limescale, and nor will normal scourers. You need acid to dissolve it (just a weak acid like citric acid will do. Vinegar can work, too, but is usually a bit too dilute, so may take several applications).

  • Jason
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

    It doesn’t look like mold, it looks like mineral deposits. Something hard in your water, the water evaporates and minerals are left behind.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.