Have you seriously considered suicide at some point in your life?

Favorite Answer

After almost two years in Stryker beds and body casts with my spinal column, pelvis and right leg held in place by plates, screws and rods I was told the following;

- there was a 50% chance I'd never walk again

- if I did walk I would require aids for support

- I would have a permanent limp

I considered suicide for about 5 minutes and then determined more than ever to beat the odds........................AND I DID !!

I don't even have the limp.

There was a time I considered it and thought about it regularly but I never went so far as to physically enact any plan. Those days have passed for the most part.

It sounds cliche but when I stop to consider how deeply cared for I am by my friends and family I realize that suicide probably isn’t something I could go through with, they’d never understand and they would blame themselves even though it wouldn’t be their fault. If I didn’t think suicide would hurt the people I care about, I think I would have come much closer to acting on it. 

Anyway, that’s all kinda depressing, these days I try to focus on the positives and practice good self care to keep my mind in the right place, but changing the way I think about myself/getting rid of self hatred has been a long journey and sometimes I don’t do as well as I should. Thankfully those days only get fewer and farther between with time. 

Never..................

• Bee V2

Yes many times I've also attempted it many times. But oh well

Yes, twice. I actually attempted suicide in 2012 and was about to again in 2014.

Yes I have and I encourage anyone who is thinking about suicide to call the suicide prevention lifeline. They will listen to your pain and help you through it.

• In

Only when I read some of the questions here.

dude henry is it your not ennery the 8th I am R U...who cares I haven't even considered what I wanna be when I grow up aren't you supposed to fail or be miserable or suck at something first cause out of all that im on zero, nada, so wanna check back is there a time limit I just answered a question 8 years old where the doucebag asker didn't pick a BA and now that notifications even pick up comments their gonna know the future is all over them so keep that in mind ill try rushing you an answer

Sure, I have had thoughts about it in a very dark time of my life, but I never actually planned it out or bothered to even try and go through with it. I just drank a lot instead. (Which didn't make the situation any better in the long run, but it gave me a moment of peace at least)

But thankfully that was years ago and I am totally over that time of my life. 

I still get stressed and depressed once in awhile here and there, but it never got that bad again. *knock on wood*

Yes I have and been hospitalized for it.

• 😞 😫 😭  Uhhhhh yeah sure I have sadly but never went through with it.

🙈 🙉