Have you seriously considered suicide at some point in your life?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

After almost two years in Stryker beds and body casts with my spinal column, pelvis and right leg held in place by plates, screws and rods I was told the following;

- there was a 50% chance I'd never walk again

- if I did walk I would require aids for support

- I would have a permanent limp

I considered suicide for about 5 minutes and then determined more than ever to beat the odds........................AND I DID !!

I don't even have the limp.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

There was a time I considered it and thought about it regularly but I never went so far as to physically enact any plan. Those days have passed for the most part.

It sounds cliche but when I stop to consider how deeply cared for I am by my friends and family I realize that suicide probably isn’t something I could go through with, they’d never understand and they would blame themselves even though it wouldn’t be their fault. If I didn’t think suicide would hurt the people I care about, I think I would have come much closer to acting on it. 

Anyway, that’s all kinda depressing, these days I try to focus on the positives and practice good self care to keep my mind in the right place, but changing the way I think about myself/getting rid of self hatred has been a long journey and sometimes I don’t do as well as I should. Thankfully those days only get fewer and farther between with time. 

• 2 weeks ago

Never..................

• Bee V2
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Yes many times I've also attempted it many times. But oh well

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Yes, twice. I actually attempted suicide in 2012 and was about to again in 2014.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yes I have and I encourage anyone who is thinking about suicide to call the suicide prevention lifeline. They will listen to your pain and help you through it.

• In
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Only when I read some of the questions here.

• 2 weeks ago

dude henry is it your not ennery the 8th I am R U...who cares I haven't even considered what I wanna be when I grow up aren't you supposed to fail or be miserable or suck at something first cause out of all that im on zero, nada, so wanna check back is there a time limit I just answered a question 8 years old where the doucebag asker didn't pick a BA and now that notifications even pick up comments their gonna know the future is all over them so keep that in mind ill try rushing you an answer

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Sure, I have had thoughts about it in a very dark time of my life, but I never actually planned it out or bothered to even try and go through with it. I just drank a lot instead. (Which didn't make the situation any better in the long run, but it gave me a moment of peace at least)

But thankfully that was years ago and I am totally over that time of my life. 

I still get stressed and depressed once in awhile here and there, but it never got that bad again. *knock on wood*

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yes I have and been hospitalized for it.

• 😞 😫 😭  Uhhhhh yeah sure I have sadly but never went through with it.

🙈 🙉

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.