Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 3 weeks ago

Immigration/asylum in UK and job question?

i'm a very young man from the philippines, i must be clear, i am not persecuted by the government on basis of my sexual orientation but i am by my family and would like to know the following, may I apply on that to a job/asylum in the UK, I am native Tagalog and Filipino speaker plus Spanish, and willing to work to contribute to society. 

thank you in advance! 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

You do not qualify for asylum anywhere. Your life is not in danger in the Philippines. And if it were, you could call the police.

You need to move to another island.

• 3 weeks ago

you are NOT eligible for asylum in the UK or anywhere else, and as 'a very young man' I doubt you will qualify to immigrate anywhere either

• 3 weeks ago

No - you have no grounds for claiming asylum in the UK

• 3 weeks ago

Family problems are NOT grounds to apply for asylum. You would be denied, and barred from the country for making a bogus/fraudulent asylum claim. Furthermore, anyone seeking asylum must be fleeing imminent danger from persecution by their govt, and apply at the nearest safe border. UK is nowhere near Philippines. 

If you have family problems, Philippines is a big country, lots of islands, so find a job in another city/island & move within your country. 

To qualify for an employment visa to work temporarily in UK (or practically any other country), you must have education + experience qualifications in an occupation on the shortage list eligible for temporary visa. Then you have to find a qualified employer, apply & compete with 100s (or more) applicants from around the world for that job. IF you are hired, your employer must apply for your visa. You can only enter the country to work after you have been approved for & received the employment visa your qualified employer applied for. You cannot apply for employment visas. 

What degrees do you hold in which field from which universities where? What post-master's (preferably doctorate or professional) degree experience do you have? And is your occupation in short supply somewhere & eligible for a visa? Worldwide labor glut of a billion adults already, with another billion on track to enter the world's workforces within the decade. Even if you hold advanced degrees, your chances of qualifying for & obtaining employment and the visa are very poor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No you would be denied asylum in any country based on what you have said......... you can move to another area in your own country away from your family, so you have no claim at all

Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

There are tight restrictions on coming to the UK in any capacity. I don't think you have any chance, unless you have one of the employment qualifications that are designated as a skills shortage in UK. Asylum is not an option.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No, try somewhere else. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Fvck you we don't need more homos 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.